IP: Wanna make biological weapons and take out cities? $10. (fwd)

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Nov 22 09:52:49 PST 2001

    --
On 21 Nov 2001, at 16:37, Blanc wrote:
> But what I anticipate would happen at that point is another
> Afghanistan, with ten thousand bloomin' territories full of
> prickly warring tribes and war lords.
>
> The first thing which happens after a power vaccuum is
> created is that another group steps in to "establish law
> and order", with the acceptance, support, and relief of the
> majority (coincidentally, right now it feels like the
> Taliban is growing on these shores).
>
> History repeats itself.  What would prevent it from doing
> so again?

Untrue:

The Taliban was not a spontaneous internal phenomemom, not a
response to an outcry for law and order.  There were
repeated, massive, and bloody efforts by foreign powers,
primarily Pakistan, to "assist" the aghans in achieving law
and order, and the Taliban is only the most recent, and most
bloody, of these.

Far from reflecting a spontaneous desire for government, law
and order, these various wannabe governments found it
necessary to devastate and depopulate vast areas that they
were unable to govern.

The Taliban was only able to achieve "law and order" with
massive external support, and an ever increasing number of
foreign troops backing it up.

The foreigners would first back one group to form a
government, and that group would fail catastrophically with
enormous bloodshed, then they would back another group, and
that group would in turn fail catastrophically with vast
bloodshed, huge areas devastated by scorched earth policies
where they killed everyone who did not flee, then bulldozed
the houses, dynamited the wells, filled in the irrigation
ditches, attempting to make any area they could not govern an
utterly barren wasteland where nothing would grow and no one
would live, and then finally, after two very bloody tries,
the foreigners attempting to create a government backed the
Taliban on their third try.

As we speak, the British and American governments are
quarreling because the British want to have another go, a
fourth try.  Each try has been bloodier, and more
devastating, than the last.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     cRg7JGoYdXPyChmZe2SAQnElDNwHyGBzITWPWrrs
     4kii0RA8WhRGusD3fban6iTFdm3wenZpwBbqGP7IE