why market to Joe Sixpack?

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 21 20:51:04 PST 2001

Declan's comment on operating a physical remailer for suitably valuable
cargo, plus some of Tim's recent comments about integration, made me think
of the question in the subject line. So far I see at least three possible
answers.

1) Make lots of money.

2) Spread awareness (that "funny feeling in the stomach" recently
discussed) and save our fellow man. Make the world safe for privacy.

3) Ensure that cryptography and privacy-enhancing technologies have uses
besides "Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse," so that they aren't banned.

anything else?

I think the physical remailer for only FedEx will fail 3.

-David