IP: Wanna make biological weapons and take out cities? $10. (fwd)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Nov 21 18:16:11 PST 2001

Clearly "gep2" does not understand principles of free expression
and limited government. A shame.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 02:22:54PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> The part of the article where the government official says such books
> "should be illegal" is especially telling.

But one of the few positive things about the post-Sep. 11 response is
that we haven't seen much in the way of serious proposals for prior
restraint on publications that would be allowed before that date.

That is, naturally, damning with faint praise, and there have been
some moves to limit availability of info
(http://www.politechbot.com/p-02820.html), but it could have been far
worse.

-Declan