IP: Wanna make biological weapons and take out cities? $10. (fwd)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Nov 21 14:22:54 PST 2001

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 12:09 PM, Eugene Leitl wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:58:28 -0600
>> From: gep2 at terabites.com
>> Subject: Wanna make biological weapons and take out cities?  $10.
>> To: dallasdemocrats at egroups.com, dave at farber.net
>>
>> Here's a disturbing story from today's New York Times:
>>
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/21/national/21BOOK.html?todaysheadlines
>>
>> I sure hope that the government is investigating and following each
>> and every
>> person who buys a copy of this book... I wonder if there's a way to
>> force
>> Tobiason to foot the bill for that security?

This "gep2" character is typical of people who don't understand that the
First Amendment does not give any power to government to ban such
books...or to "follow each and every person," or to get their identities.

Government agents who infringe the Constitution have earned killing.

The part of the article where the government official says such books
"should be illegal" is especially telling.

I hope they try to illegalize such books. It will radicalize more
people, and maybe hasten the day when festering holes like Washington,
D.C. are annihilated.

--Tim May
"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice."--Barry Goldwater