Recording Artists File Brief Against RIAA

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sat Nov 17 22:08:59 PST 2001

Recording Artists File Brief Against RIAA
Matthew Skala writes: "The Recording Artists' Coalition, which includes
such luminaries as Bruce Springsteen, Don Henley, and Sheryl Crow, is still
annoyed about the "Work for Hire" legislation we heard about in August
2000. They've filed a brief in the Napster cases, urging the court not to
accept the RIAA's copyright registration documents as proof of ownership,
because accepting the documents would allow the music cartel to sneakily
destroy artists' claims to the music they recorded. They don't take a stand
on other issues we might be interested in, but it's still worth thinking
about. If the artists are against the RIAA, then whom exactly does the RIAA
represent? Some quotes and info are on Siliconvalley.com."

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/tech/082413.htm
http://slashdot.org/yro/01/11/15/0410226.shtml