HOWTO Build a Nuclear Device

baptista at pccf.net baptista at pccf.net
Fri Nov 16 23:24:30 PST 2001

Here's a reference which should give you a good but brief outline of
Uranium and it associated properties and uses.

http://pearl1.lanl.gov/periodic/elements/92.html

Incendentally this reference is taken from the CRC Handbook of Chemistry
and Physics a great reference manual.  I still have my old copy in storage
- great paper weight ;)

Now one thing I've forgotten is that uranium is also pyrophoric when
finely divided.  I wonder if that property can be capitalized on to cause
harm.  Not only could one use Uranium (235, 238 whatever) as an incendiary
device but both types of U will leave a radioactive hazard.  Of course
it's more logical to use U-238 for that.

regards
joe

--
The dot.GOD Registry, Limited