Sedition

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Nov 12 16:32:27 PST 2001

On Monday, November 12, 2001, at 03:27 PM, Faustine wrote:
> So why are you publicizing it after the fact? Is it really worth the
> risk
> you're taking by mentioning it just to respond to a taunt by some
> ignorant
> smugster behind a remailer? If questioning your commitment is all it
> takes
> to push your buttons, I'd say that's less than optimal.

You, thank Baal, have no knowledge of what "pushes my buttons." You also
have almost no list experience here (though this has never stopped you
from lecturing us on things you've read about in books).

I write about what I desire to write about.

Now that the training camp is over, there is no threat to the security
of the operation. They lack time machines.

> I'm sure anyone who bears ill-will to the group is finding this whole
> thread
> quite instructive--undoubtedly the point of the original post in the
> first
> place. Good show. How sickening to think that now you have to worry
> about getting anti-paramilitary training statutes dumped on you (on top
> of
> anything else) just because a few people couldn't resist showing up a
> stupid
> troll.

And which "anti-paramilitary traning statutes" would these be?

Tell us what your college professors told you...but check it against
reality before passing it on.

> Even worse,in true "have you stopped beating your wife" fashion, it
> makes it
> appear that everyone who posts here and is passionate about encryption
> is doing
> something rightfully covered by the sedtion laws, which couldn't be
> further
> from the truth. I resent this profoundly, but I'll talk about what and
> why I do
> what I do (or don't do) on my own time, not as a response to someone
> baiting
> me.

What you "resent profoundly" does not matter.

And what is done by other memmbers of a list does not establish guilt by
association, except in your fevered mind.

For example, the discussion I contributed to on hacking the air traffic
control system for political purposes makes you guilty of which crime
and in which way?

> Here's hoping your temper doesn't get the better of you.

You are ignorant of my mental state of mind. Twit.

--Tim May
"They played all kinds of games, kept the House in session all night,
and it was a very complicated bill. Maybe a handful of staffers actually
read it, but the bill definitely was not available to members before the
vote." --Rep. Ron Paul, TX, on how few Congresscritters saw the
USA-PATRIOT Bill before voting overwhelmingly to imposed a police state