Info Request: People Banned from Flights Based on Reading Material

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Sun Nov 11 10:07:29 PST 2001

[Please forward to relevant lists and forums]

The American Booksellers Foundation has asked me for examples of
individuals being detained or escorted off planes, airports or other
facilities based on their reading material.  They have expressed an
interest in protecting our choice of reading material and want to
take the appropriate action.

Please send any and all examples of people being harassed,
banned,asked to leave,confiscation of the reading material-
Anything- to me and I'll send it to them and share the information
with all of you.  Thanks-

Regards,  Matt Gaylor-

ps I already have the Philadelphia example of "Hayduke Lives! by
Edward Abbey"
<http://www.citypaper.net/articles/101801/news.godfrey.shtml>