Security-by-credential or security-by-inspection

Incognito Innominatus anonymous at mixmaster.nullify.org
Fri Nov 9 11:10:06 PST 2001

Marc de Piolenc wrote:
> Tim May wrote:
> > Nomen Nescio and others should read Chaum's "Credentials without
> > identity" papers. A true name is just another credential, not
> > necessarily more important than any of several other credentials. People
> > should think deeply about this issue.
>
> I would like to read these papers. Are they available on-line?

Chaum has a list of papers at www.chaum.com but most are not online.
One that is online describes credential systems along with related
technologies: "Security Without Identification: Transaction Systems to
Make Big Brother Obsolete",
http://www.chaum.com/articles/Security_Wthout_Identification.htm

In exchange for providing you with these pointers, you are obligated
to return the favor.  Your assignment, Marc de Piolenc, is to read and
understand this paper and to report back to cypherpunks with ideas about
how pseudonymous credentials could be used to improve airport security.