The Republican Position on USC T 18 Ch 115 Sec 2383ff

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Nov 9 10:01:37 PST 2001

What a guy!

Abraham Lincoln :

"Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their
revolutionary right to dismember or
overthrow it."

President Abraham Lincoln, "First Inaugural Address" (available at
http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres31.html)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the
right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new
one that suits them
better. This is a most valuable,---a most sacred right---a right, which
we hope and believe, is to liberate the world. Nor is this right
confined to cases in which the
whole people of an existing government, may choose to exercise it."

(Speech in the United States House of Representatives, Jan. 12, 1848)

As far as I am concerned, to the extent that a government restricts
speech against it, it betrays its weakness and strengthens the
oppostion. When was the last time we heard one of our current crop of
political weenies speak so clearly or with such faith in the governed?
Not in my lifetime.

Mike