Greens: "freak out...use of such a radioactive instrument"

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Nov 8 08:57:14 PST 2001

On Thursday, November 8, 2001, at 12:54 AM, Reese wrote:

> The following message was posted to [a list]

> I got to meet Nancy three years ago when she was in Seattle for the
> national committee meeting of the activist organization known as "the
> Greens/Green Party USA," which should not be confused with the

...much GreenSpeak elided...

> Nancy was not banned from flying. She was simply not allowed to fly
> that day. Nancy said she did not put up resistance to having her
> purse searched (a standard procedure long before 9/11) or personal
> search. She just went crazy at the metal-detecting wand. I know Nancy
> well enough to know why she would freak out at the use of such a
> radioactive instrument around her body. She is a long-time anti-nuke
> activist.

Earth to Greens: metal-detector wands are _not_ a "radioactive
instrument_.

A 7th-grade understanding of physics is all that is needed to know this.

No wonder the Greens have such a backasswards view of so many things.

Heinlein's quote below is especially appropriate.

--Tim May
"Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid.  But
stupidity is the only universal crime;  the sentence is death, there is
no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
--Robert A. Heinlein