All your mentally ill children are belong to us

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Wed Nov 7 21:30:03 PST 2001

Marc de Piolenc wrote:
> Nomen Nescio wrote:
> > And yet we expect airport screeners to ignore past acts of terrorism
> > by a wild-eyed fanatic boarding a plan,
>
> I don't recall anybody being required to do that. Quite a stretch,
> unless you can cite an example.

Read this from Tim May, November 3:

   It really is no business of government to know the identities of those
   whose bags/etc.  they are checking. Having government able to single out
   some travellers for special processing is a recipe for this kind of
   mischief.

   BTW, the _wrong_ tack to take would be some argument about a "right to
   travel," some over-ruling of Southwest's or United's right to pick its
   customers as it wishes. The preferred approach should be to have no ID
   at the _security_ checkpoint and to not have any laws requiring ID tied
   to tickets.

He suggests having no ID or other history information available to
help screeners make their decision, nothing but whatever clues can be
gleaned in the brief moments available.  Anybody want to fly *those*
friendly skies?