Enemy at the Door

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Nov 7 21:01:10 PST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> Duh!  Read it again. "802.11'd to DSL to a very remote web site?"  That
> DSL line could be clear across town.

Not with 802.11 anything will it be 'clear across town'. A few hundred
yards w/ 802.11b and maybe a mile with 802.11a. Now if you're talking
directional then it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to ask "Where does
that nifty parabolic point? Why, at that other nifty parabolic. Well,
gentlemen, how's 'bout we take 'em both down?"

If you want distance you'll either have to add an illegal final or else
use packet or some other mechanism (probably illegaly as well).

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com