All your mentally ill children are belong to us

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Wed Nov 7 12:40:04 PST 2001

Tim May:
> These 50 kids will find their innermost thoughts and crimes "in their
> permanent records." When they apply for jobs in 15 years, when they seek
> political office, when they try to get security clearances.
>
> eBlack, the new anonymous bidding service, has an offer for e2400 for a
> complete set of these files.

And yet we expect airport screeners to ignore past acts of terrorism
by a wild-eyed fanatic boarding a plan, and observe strict neutrality,
spending not one second more on him than on the guy taking the wife
and kids to see grandma.  The airport guards are supposed to forget the
past and rely only on what limited information they can gather in the
few seconds they have for inspection.

Anybody notice the inconsistency here?  Why support data repositories
to keep people's past transgressions alive, while calling for willful
ignorance on the part of those charged with protecting the lives of the
flying public?

Information is good.  More is better.  Airport security should know
everything possible about those boarding the planes.  Blacknet will
gladly make the data available, for a fee.  Neither Tim May nor anyone
else can stop the flow of information.