Microsoft scripting and other "repulsive garbage", redirection

Khoder bin Hakkin hakkin at sarin.com
Wed Nov 7 09:20:47 PST 2001

http://wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,48177,00.html

This is perhaps the most amusing part:

"My computer has been totally taken over by disgusting porn ads," Martha
Nichols, a secretary in
            Chicago, said. "A few months ago the browser began
spontaneously opening up to a dozen
            windows displaying triple-X-rated ads every time I entered a
website address that couldn't be
            found. I have five kids, and they were being exposed to this
repulsive garbage. I finally had to
            switch to Netscape to stop the ads."

            Nichols said that she had never downloaded any programs from
adult websites, or even visited such
            websites.

            "I don't want to sound like a prude, but I just don't do
that sort of thing online. And the computer
            is in our living room, so I know the kids didn't do it
either."