A reasonable editorial assessment of Afghanistan status.

"Jürgen A. Erhard" jae at jerhard.org
Tue Nov 6 19:27:34 PST 2001

    jamesd>     --
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/11/01/column.billpress/
    >> index.html In each case, the truth belies the praise. If
    >> the military's doing such a great job, why -- after three
    >> weeks of nonstop, intensive bombing of one of the poorest
    >> countries on earth, with no navy, no air force and only a
    >> ragtag band of soldiers using obsolete weapons -- is the
    >> Taliban still in power?

<conspiracy-mongering/Maybe because that's not really what this war is
about?/

    jamesd> In past wars, CNN has been rather accurately called
    jamesd> "Communist News Network", but in this war they seem
    jamesd> incapable of mentioning the fact that our armed forces
    jamesd> frequently fuck up.

Hey, since the day I heard they tried to get Rush Limbaugh, I've given
up on them.  And since all they're showing is "War War WAR", I've
given up watching.

Bye, J

--
      Jürgen A. Erhard  (juergen.erhard at gmx.net, jae at users.sf.net)