Mail filters in qmail?

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Nov 7 01:41:06 PST 2001

At 12:46 AM 11/07/2001 +0000, Dr. Evil wrote:
>Ok, I have come to the conclusion that this list is unbearable without
>some filters.  Can someone recomend what is the easiest way to drop
>email from certain posters, using the Qmail system?  I just want
>something simple which won't require me to learn some new
>super-powerful filter ruleset description language.  I just want to be
>able to say, "If it comes from ravage at ... please discard."

Declan suggests Procmail, if you want a powerful, flexible tool.
Alternatively, many mail reader programs include filtering capabilities.
/bin/mail didn't :-), but Eudora does, and probably most browser-based
mail readers also do.  So you're covered with Procmail on Unix,
and client programs on Windows and Macs.