Item from another list qouted without comment

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 6 23:38:56 PST 2001

On Tuesday, November 6, 2001, at 10:27 PM, Dave Emery wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Aimee Farr <aimee.farr at pobox.com> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:27:11 -0600
> From: "Aimee Farr" <aimee.farr at pobox.com>
> Subject: [TSCM-L] *BOOM!*
>
> All the civil lib talk regarding sneak and peek is radicalizing fringe
> groups and sensitizing them to countermeasures. Conversations of
> checks...vid -- and I strongly suspect booby trap talk. (I have a
> research
> interest in groups under surveillance/impression of surveillance.)

Yep, it looks like Agent Farr all right--I recognize her fractured,
incomprehensible style.

What is one to make of: "Conversations of
checks...vid -- and I strongly suspect booby trap talk."?

I wonder if Agent Farr chose one of the groups Bill Cooper was on as
part of her "research"?

> The only booby trap I recognize is a "water bra." I hope guys doing
> surreptitious entry under increased surveillance powers are afforded
> better
> recognition training. No doubt some of you are important resources as to
> these matters, and I hope that your expertise is being sought.

Agent Farr wants "guys doing surreptitious entry" to have "better
recognition training."

Not surprising, but it ought to convince even the charitable amongst us
who wanted to give "Aimee Farr" the benefit of the doubt that she/he is
clearly advising LEOs.

--Tim May
into you." -- Nietzsche