[CNN] FBI: Threat against Western bridges 'not credible'

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Nov 6 14:36:24 PST 2001

"A. Melon" <juicy at melontraffickers.com> wrote :

>WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The information that prompted a warning that
>terrorists might target a major Western bridge has been determined to be
>"not credible," two federal law enforcement officials tell CNN, and the
>FBI Tuesday is preparing to say no threat exists.
>
>"There just wasn't anything to it," said one official.
>
>A second official agreed, and says local law enforcement agencies are
>about to be notified of that conclusion.
>
>[...]
>
>>From http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/11/06/inv.bridge.threat/index.html
>
>Snort. What are the chances that the National Guard remains on patrol at
>the bridges "in the interest of safety"?

Like it mattered at all that they were there? Except for the superficial
effect of comforting the poor scared sheep I didn't see anything
effective, I didn't see anyone searching trucks or opening car trunks.
Form over function. Same as airport security. Psyops. Like the warnings
to keep people off balance. Should we start a pool to see who can guess
when ashcruft will put everyone 'on highest alert' next? It'll probably
line up with an ACLU attack on the USAmaPATriarchalRIOT act. Only a
commie traitor could object to le power grabs at a time when alerts are
clearly critical to the survival of the entire nation and its way of
life!