[TSCM-L] *BOOM!*

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Tue Nov 6 08:27:11 PST 2001

All the civil lib talk regarding sneak and peek is radicalizing fringe
groups and sensitizing them to countermeasures. Conversations of
checks...vid -- and I strongly suspect booby trap talk. (I have a research
interest in groups under surveillance/impression of surveillance.)

The only booby trap I recognize is a "water bra." I hope guys doing
surreptitious entry under increased surveillance powers are afforded better
recognition training. No doubt some of you are important resources as to
these matters, and I hope that your expertise is being sought.

Below is a good case clip on vid. I disagree with the court's opinion in
this instance, but I can't disagree with the risks in covert entry:

@
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=ma&vol=sjcslip/8429&i
nvol=1
"...Followed to its logical conclusion, the dissent would encourage drug
manufacturers to mount hidden video cameras in their facilities so they can
capture the moment of truth when the police execute a search warrant and
would authorize drug dealers secretly to tape record conversations with
suspected undercover officers or with informants in order to protect the
dealers' rights against hypothetical police abuse. Numerous other examples
exist. The point is an obvious one. Every police encounter would be
available for secret recording..."
-----

This judge is seriously behind the times.

(Pardon the civie-female-hand-wringing. Just worries me.)

~Aimee

----- End forwarded message -----

--
	Dave Emery N1PRE,  die at die.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass.
PGP fingerprint = 2047/4D7B08D1 DE 6E E1 CC 1F 1D 96 E2  5D 27 BD B0 24 88 C3 18