Enemy at the Door

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:57:40 PST 2001

Seems those opposed to the coming civil liberties crack down need to start employing some of the very same technology proposed to corral us.  For starters how about PC FaceCam to punish sneek and peekers?  Seems that if the data base of such a system were programmed to detect entry and descriminate family members or others who should have legit access to your property you could use it to deter their searches.(Probably a good idea to put a good UPS on the PC and FaceCam to thwart power interruptions, though why they would want to risk causing a tell tale time reset to one of you appliances I can't imaginge.)

For example, you could hook a compressed air tank to a high frequency whistle via a control valve connected to you PC.  Shouldn't be much of a problem reaching damaging or even lethal sound levels and might hard to stop once triggered. (Ever try find which one of your smoke detectors was triggering?) Not recommended if you have pets :-)

(I once connected a buzzer in the center of a large wall-mounted array of flash lamps to an under-the-carpet pressure sensor to form a burgler bugger.  When triggered the system would sound the buzzer for about 1/2 second, to attract the eyes of the burgler, and then fire.  A few months after install our place was burgled and the thieves fled without taking any items, probably with some permanent retnal damage.)

Of course you could connect an automated firearm to the PC.  (Crime Stoppers Note: aways aim for the head to avoid protective vests)  Any lawyers on the list know what penalties might be brought.  I seem to recall that tying a shotgun to the door knob was ruled an "indescriminate weapon"  But a FaceCam controlled gun wouldn't be indescriminate.