DEA raid on med marij in Hollywood

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Mon Nov 5 12:00:41 PST 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

>Unable to find Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) or dismantle al Qaeda,
>the Bush administration has attacked an easier target  the 960 mostly
>AIDS (news - web sites) and cancer patients of the Los Angeles Cannabis
>Resource Center.

Thank you ever so much for causing me to spray a perfectly good mouthful
of Chilean Merlot all over my keyboard. Took me about half an hour to make
the piece of crap work again.

>The centers leadership has yet to announce its legal strategy, or if it
>will try to restore its operation, which serves 960 members, 80 percent
>of whom have AIDS and use marijuana to combat wasting syndrome and the
>nausea from multiple medications. Another 10 percent have cancer, for
>which cannabis is a time-honored treatment during chemotherapy. The
>remainder suffer from assorted ailments, including glaucoma and multiple
>sclerosis.

Even if it isn't such a pivotal point when the Rule of Law is concerned,
I'm wondering what kind of insolent, stupid, heartless bastrards these
people are? Even if there was no immediate medical reason for cannabis
use, it shouldn't be such a big deal if people with AIDS or cancer have a
little bit of fun once in a while. I mean fer-crying-out-loud, who on
God's green Earth is going to follow through with it if you set
AIDS/cancer as a precondition to legally getting high?

Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy at iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111