Soldiers in airports screening-out political dissidents

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Mon Nov 5 21:47:07 PST 2001

>At 02:41 PM 11/4/01 -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
>>On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Reese wrote:
>>
>>>  States are not prohibited from having a militia, the National Guard
>>>  is an organized militia, until such time they are federalized, at
>>>  which point they fall under the Army's Chain of Command.
>>
>>No, the can't except in cases of invasion.

Can you not read?

" No state shall, without the consent of Congress, lay any duty of"

_without the consent of congress_

Hint- the state's have congresses consent.

"...and so I screamed to the throne of heaven.  He sat and listened
till at last I fell to my knees
exhausted, crying "why have you forsaken us?".  Long he sat , then
finally spoke- what man
hath wrought I shall not break asunder."
Kevin "The Cubbie" Elliott
<mailto:kelliott at mac.com>                             ICQ#23758827