Uncle Sam Wants You...To think what he manipulates you into thinking.

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Mon Nov 5 13:17:00 PST 2001

<http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0111/03/cg.00.html>

Note from Matthew Gaylor: An ongoing interest of mine is the use of
propaganda to shape public perceptions.   CNN's Capital Gang Bob
Novak has a fascinating observation that fewer Americans joined the
US military in Sept. 2001 than did in Sept. 2000.  It may prove too
difficult not getting swept into the tsunami surge of patriotic war
fever-  But it is vital that we recognize governmental media
manipulation when it occurs-  And let me tell you it happens often.
And Margaret Carlson, the syndicated columnist, whom I seldom agree
with, is on target this time with a choice observation on Pat
Robertson.

Interesting Outrages Via CNN's Capital Gang 11-03-01:

>SHIELDS: And now for the "Outrage of the Week." In the days
>following the September 11 massacre of civilians, the airwaves and
>the newspapers repeatedly told us of military recruitment centers
>filled with young Americans eager and ready to join the Army, the
>Navy, Air Force and the Marine Corps. Not for the first time, the
>press had it wrong. In fact, with the nation under attack and the
>country's economy in recession, fewer Americans volunteered to join
>the United States military in September of 2001 than did one year
>earlier in September 2000 -- Bob Novak.

>CARLSON: Yes. Recently, Pat Robertson told viewers, quote, "we have
>not yet seen the Lord's judgment on America." I wonder what the Lord
>would think of Robertson's Freedom Gold company, partly owned by
>Liberia's President Charles Taylor. Besides torturing and gang
>raping anyone who criticizes his corrupt regime, Taylor has armed
>the Sierra Leone rebels, who in 1999 alone reaped some $75 million
>from diamond sales to Osama bin Laden. Robertson's aide told the
>"Post's" Colby King that he was just trying to spur economic
>activity and spread the gospel. What gospel would that be?

Regards,  Matt-