Business Rights and Free Markets

Marcel Popescu mdpopescu at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 04:32:34 PST 2001

From: "Jim Choate" <ravage at ssz.com>

> A business can refuse to serve anyone they desire for any reason, but the
> market such a business operates in is not(!!!) a free market by any
> definition that folks like von Mises or Hayek would recognize as such.

Plain BS. Please quote one Austrian school economist that agrees with you.

> Now
> C-A-C-L proponents claim (of which this is just another example of their
> hypocrisy or ignorance - take your pick [1]) that they want to create a
> free market that is universal in all human activity. Clearly this isn't
> possible operating under Tim and his supporters particular brand of 'free'
> which is nothing more than 'freedom for me, not for thee'.

You're simply insane. You have no right to someone else's products. It's HIS
products, and he's free to refuse to sell them to you, or to only want to
sell them on HIS terms. Anything else means he's your slave.

> A business has
> the RESPONSIBILITY to refuse service to anyone which threatens that
> business' operations. They also have a responsibility to make that
> reaction as minimaly invasive as possible in all cases, no exceptions.

More BS. By what contract do they have this responsibility?

Mark