American Schools Need Flattening Too

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Nov 4 20:12:13 PST 2001

It's pretty clear that the school district is violating her
civil rights to freedom of expression and freedom of association,
and that the either judge and school board lawyer doesn't understand
either anarchy or anarchism or the Constitution, or that if they
do understand them they don't like them, though it's not clear
whether the kid understands anarchy or just likes black t-shirts and
dislikes war and has a problem with school district arbitrary censorship.

On the other hand, the idea that anarchists need an
officially-supported club at a government-run school is a bit silly -
she and her friends could just as well get together at the local
coffee shop, or the mall, or hang out by the Coke machine.

It's definitely nice to see parents sticking up for their kid.