Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Nov 4 14:04:48 PST 2001

    --

On 4 Nov 2001, at 12:48, measl at mfn.org wrote:
> Amazing!  Here you make an "argument" that mass-murder is
> an acceptable behaviour, while you are simultaneously
> arguing that a political BELIEF is *not*.

Not what I said.  Did not say a political belief was
unacceptable behavior, did not say Senator Kerrey's mass
murder was acceptable behavior.

What I said is that guerrila warfare and terrorism results in
situations where it is hard to distinguish between mass
murder and self defence, and hard to distinguish between
political repression and routine safety precautions.  Senator
Kerrey (Democrat Party) can claim, implausibly, that he was
defending against communist aggression, rather than inflating
his body count in order to secure advancement, and we cannot
prove otherwise, though it hardly seems plausible.

The guardsmen can plausibly claim they were taking sensible
precautions against an undeniably real terrorist threat,
rather than repressing someone for their political beliefs.
We cannot prove otherwise, and it may well be true.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     OX1kihX7e81AT2+o87mF12Ib1AoeMVVLhFCjdj+h
     4qH4f/DXHgRgSv3KNNg+9U0i/mA8MtgpuiXnJIEym