Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 4 09:14:47 PST 2001

James A. Donald wrote:

> Let us imagine the following scenario.
> You are going to board a plane.
> Someone who is known to be, or plausibly
> alleged to be, a supporter of the
> terrorist movements the US is currently
> at war with, also wants to board the same
> plane. In that situation, your views on
> their right to travel by plane will
> probably undergo a sudden change.

Even in James' wildly exaggerated scenario, I see no reason to stop them
from traveling after they had been shown not to be a threat (as was the case
with this woman).  Nope, political BELIEFS are sacrosanct.  Show me a
tangible physical threat or leave the lady alone.

> The enemies of freedom, which this woman
> certainly is...

Decaf, James, decaf.

 S a n d y