Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun Nov 4 05:34:14 PST 2001

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Raymond D. Mereniuk wrote:

> Your mention of the list and the guardsman being aware of this
> horrible threat coming through the airport were assumed but my
> thought was it was a local redneck or folks in a vigilante mood.  It
> would appear this person was targeted.  When such folks take
> actions like this there is a reaction, ie - the victim had it written up in
> a press release/article and the guardsman and airport appear
> pretty stupid. Hopefully the victim of this epsode, and others of
> similar episodes, will take legal action and sue.  Hopefully the
> American system will retain this ability.

The American system is supposed to PREVENT it from taking place AT ALL.

You're supposed to respect and protect peoples rights up front, not after
they drag your ass into court. That guardsman took an oath to protect and
uphold the Constitution and ONLY follow legal orders.

Detaining or otherwise harrassing anyone for nothing more than their
political views, however objectionable isn't acceptable in this country.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com