Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 02:49:33 PST 2001

At 02:38 AM 11/4/01 -0800, Raymond D. Mereniuk wrote:
>On 4 Nov 2001, at 0:11, Reese wrote:
>
>> </simplistic manichaean view>
>
>Maybe simple but a legal way of looking at it which must form the
>basis of dealing with such situations

Note that "legal" and "legitimate" are not fully synonymous.

>> You still do not allow for attitude.  "We reserve the right to refuse
>> service to anyone."
>
>Attitude is a very scary principal to which base passage.  If this is
>truly the case I smell massive lawsuits down the road once the
>perceived threat retreats.

What is precedent and case history of the "We reserve the right..."
signs in public establishments, restaurants for example?  How about
the "no shirts, no shoes, no service" signs, whether food is sold
at the establishment or not?

>> Self-inflicted and self-aggravated.
>
>The airline or airport authority would lose this one in a trial.

They'll lose Godfrey, this one I doubt it.

>> Smell what you shovel.
>
>All roses on this side.

Sure.

Reese