Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 02:05:14 PST 2001

At 01:41 AM 11/4/01 -0800, Raymond D. Mereniuk wrote:
>On 3 Nov 2001, at 23:07, Reese wrote:
>
>> equestrian would not have pissed the nasty guards off, I guess greens
>> think they can act haughty and snub everyone with impunity - wrong answer
>> (aka idealism = 0, reality = 1).
>
>I don't really like the "greens" type of person as they tend to blame
>every thing on me and my desire to be like an average person with
>average consumption of our worldly resources but why exactly
>should they be targeted for special treatment over other travellers
>who may be more astute in voicing their beliefs?

They weren't, except perhaps by me.  Oden was first selected because of
how her ticket was purchased, then singled out for special treatment
because of how she acted in the airport.

>The decision to permit travel should be a matter of policy and not

No, you still don't get it.

Try this:

<paste>

> So you're saying they made this quote up, IOW it is not
> true that she is blacklisted for her political views?
>
> "An official told me that my name had been flagged in
> the computer," a shaken Oden said. "I was targeted
> because the Green Party USA opposes the bombing of
> innocent civilians in Afghanistan."

Dammit! No matter how hard I try to be quiet and lurk, the
stupidity on these lists just forces me to decloak!

Her name was flagged in the computer, which Ms. Ogen
MISINTERPRETED as meaning it was because of her politics.

The real story is that it was flagged, but not because of
politics, but because she bought her ticket online. People
who use Expedia, CheapTickets, LowestFare, Orbitz, and other
rock-bottom and somewhat ANONYMOUS ticket services are having
their tickets flagged for (S)earch much more frequently than
people who use ticket agencies or buy their tickets direct
from the airlines.

Second, when law enforcement officials are fucking with your
shit and tossing your car or your house, you do not interfere.
If you feel the need to assist, with a stuck zipper on your l
uggage, for example, you ask politely if you can help with
that. You do not grab at it as if you were dealing with your
clumsy spouse or child.

Only a fucking stupid person, whose mind has been liquefied
by the benefits of privilege would even remotely think that
they could "show ass" in this sort of climate and get away
with it.

</paste>