Basque-American code-talkers

Pedro J. Oiarzabal pjoiarzabal at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 06:38:59 PST 2001

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a PhD student at the Center for Basque Studies, University of
Nevada,Reno. At the moment I am researching the participation of
Basque-Americans in WWII and The Korean War. In particular, I am
interested in the so-called Basque code-talkers or the use of the
Basque language in intelligence/communication services
(Signal Corps Unit, since 1942, in San Diego or San Francisco
communication centers during the Pacific Campaign).

Also, I am interested in contacting WWII or The Korean War veterans or
relatives, which could have been involved in the aforementioned service.
I have not found any substantial information on the matter and that is the
reason I am contacting you.

I would appreciate if you could help me in the research -- through the
publication of this notice in your website and/or newsletter, if possible

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Pedro J. Oiarzabal
Center for Basque Studies