Life imitates bad S/F

Blanc blancw at cnw.com
Sat Nov 3 01:05:37 PST 2001

>From the Melon:

:Closer to home:
:
:     CMDR. BEN SISKO of DS9:
:    "Starfleet Command seems to be a little jumpy since the Dominion
:     attack on HQ.  I guess they're accustomed to sitting behind their
:     desks, not hiding under them.  I hope they don't make any rash
:     decisions..."

. . . . . . . . . .

An adjacent note:

>From the Israeli Insider -
http://www.israelinsider.com/channels/security/articles/sec_0131.htm

Israeli police advising U.S. counterparts in anti-terrorism techniques

"Eighteen senior Israeli Police officers visited Palm Beach, Florida, this
week as part of a 10-day educational seminar sponsored by the American
Jewish Committee. The original purpose of the trip was to instruct the
Israeli policemen in American law enforcement tactics. But in the wake of
the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, the
Israelis were called upon to give their American counterparts tips on
handling terrorism."

---
" 'Just walk with your eyes open and your mind working and take into
consideration that everything, everything can be hazardous to your health,'
Police Lt. Col. Danny Kuffler said."

Of course, now in the US you also have to take into consideration that all
those "nervous people" and those patrols anywhere, everywhere can be
hazardous to your health.

  ..
Blanc