PLEA FOR SINCERE ASSISTANCE

ENGR.BALA OWOLABI osenh at onebox.com
Thu May 3 03:10:21 PDT 2001

ENGR.BALA OWOLABI
 FEDERAL SECRETARIAT,
 LAGOS, NIGERIA.

 Best wishes of good health and success in your
 pursuits particularly through my proposal as
contained  in this letter.Before going into details of my
 proposal to you, I must first solicit you to treat it
 with  utmost confidentiality, as this is required for
 its success.

 My colleagues and I are senior officials of the
 Federal Government of
 Nigeria's Contracts Review Panel who are interested
in  diverting some funds that are presently floating in
 the accounts of the Central Bank of Nigeria.In order
 to commence this transaction, we solicit for your
 assistance to enable us transfer into your account
the
 said floating funds. We are determined to conclude
the
 transfer before the end of this financial quarter.

 The source of the funds are as follows: During the
 last military regime, government officials awarded
 contracts that were grossly over-invoiced to
 Contractors.The present civilian government set up
the
 Contract Review Panel, which has the mandate to use
 the instruments of payments made available to it by
 the decree setting up the panel, to review these
 contracts and if necessary pay those who are being
 owed outstanding amounts.

 My colleagues and I have identified quite a huge sum
 of these funds which are presently floating in the
 Central Bank of Nigeria ready for disbursement and
 would like to divert some of it for our own purposes.
 However, by virtue of our positions as civil servants
 and members of this panel,we cannot acquire these
 funds in our names or in the names of companies that
 are based in Nigeria. I have therefore been mandated,
 as a matter of trust by my colleagues in the panel,
 look for a reliable overseas partner into whose
 account we can transfer the sum of
 U.S.$16,500,000.00(sixteen Million,five hundred
 thousand U.S. Dollars). That is why I am writing you
 this letter.

You are at liberty to discuss with us what you feel should be your percentage share of the  funds for assisting us.However,10% of the funds has been set aside to offset expenses  incurred  by both you and us incidental to the actualisation of this  project.As soon as we  receive the funds,the 10% will be used to settle both paties for expenses before we start  the disbursment.

 We wish to invest our share of the proceeds of this
 project in foreign  stock markets and other business till we are ready
and  able to have access to them. Please note that this
 transactionis 100% safe and risk-free.
 We intend to effect the transfer within a few days
 from the date of receipt of the following
information:

 Your name or company name, address, telephone and
 fax numbers. The above information will  enable us write
 letters of claim and job description respectively.
This  way, we will use your  name to apply for the
 payment and backdate the award of the contract to
you.

 We are looking forward to doing this transaction with
 you and we solicit for your utmost confidentiality in
 this transaction. Please acknowledge the receipt of
 this letter and, I will bring you into a more
detailed  picture of this transaction when I hear from you.

Best regards,

Engr.Bala Owolabi