Mr. Choate, an important message from Justice , Scalia....

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Sat Mar 31 14:41:48 PST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Bill Stewart wrote:

> If you don't like the idea that the Supreme's job is interpreting
> the constitutionality of laws made by the legislature,

Ding ding, somebody got the difference. Though they still don't understand
the implications (or which side I'm arguing). That's ok, it will come with
time.

I have zero, nada, nill, null, none, no problem with the SC interpreting
the constitutionality of laws made by the legislature.

This is however, different from interpreting the Constitution itself.

The Constitution says "....under..."

       Beware gentle knight, there is no greater monster than reason.

                                             Miguel de Cervantes

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com