Censorhappy MFN.org syadmin files "spam" complaint

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Mar 30 17:56:26 PST 2001

No, you forwarded *my* message responding to the spam-solicitation to
UUNET, and asked them to take action against *me*. I have the complete headers.

The reason I wrote about it is because it shows, as an online society, how
hypersensitive we've become to spam. It requires all three people in the
spam-complaint chain to overreact: You (accidentally, you say), uunet
(intentionally), and my provider (intentionally, probably). Different
actions by any of them would have derailed the spamcident. Frankly, I've
also been meaning to send out my econlib.org column for a while, and this
gave me an excuse to mention it.

Better ways of dealing with spam can avoid this in the future.

-Declan