Face Recognition Technolgy Is Next - Big Brother Arrives

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 30 13:32:31 PST 2001

At 08:18 AM 3/30/01 -0800, you wrote:
>At 09:53 PM 3/29/01 -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
> >>Just make Halloween a year long celebration.
> >
> >I doubt it would get strong consideration from a religious standpoint.
> >

> >>Regards,  Matt-
>
>In some places, yes, but we have a constitution that prohibits
>favoring one over another.  Theoretically.

Yeah, but only theoretically.

Consider the persecutions of Mormons in the 1870, ostensibly over religion
when the real problem was their ballot and officeholder dominance of the
Utah Territory thwarting the goals of D.C. politicians and wealthy
non-Mormons (many outside the state) who wanted statehood and more Federal
control.

Prohibitions over the use of psychotropics by Native Americans is another.

steve