semi-anon test from a throwaway account part deux

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Mar 29 07:57:40 PST 2001

> From: 	Jim Choate[SMTP:ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com]
>
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Trei, Peter wrote:
>
> > Yes Jim, I am one to talk. In my (small) town, there are no video
> cameras in
> > the PO. I've looked for them, carefully and repeatedly. (The notion that
> my
>
> Dude, they feed full video through a fiber cable that fits in the center
> shaft of the clock hands. They put them in fire detectors (and they still
> detect to boot), they put them in the holes of the ceiling tile. You could
> look all day long and not see it.

As usual, Jim relies on selective quotation when it suits his purpose. In
big
city POs, the cameras are out in the open. I stand by my position (stated in

the parts of my letter he deleted) that the absence of easily visible
cameras in
my small town PO is not evidence of hidden cameras, but evidence that
there are none.

Of course, he can't give an actual citation for a policy of concealed
cameras in POs. He'd rather contend that 800,000 USPS civiilian
employees, most of whom have no security clearance, all have
maintained the existance of the hidden cameras in 38,000 POs as
a perfect secret for years, while running 200 billion pieces of mail
a year past cash-sniffing dogs.

Jim needs to learn a few things from William of Occam.

Peter Trei