CNN.com - A real!!! news story...

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Mar 29 08:43:51 PST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> Yes, clearly the media is covering up this decision.

Not at all. My initial point was that it had media coverage. It was simply
a inquisitive observation about the priority setting mechanisms of the
COMMERCIAL media and how even 'independent critical' press had economic
incentives as well. It further demonstrate the asymmetry in the results
with respect to what is 'important' enough to be 'news'.

As I've said before in this forum, not all 'cooperative' behaviour is
necessarily a 'conspiracy', if enough people act in concert the effect is
the same. In many cases it is the quantity and not the intent that is
important. Is the 'economic' theory of the 'guiding hand' not the same sort
of 'conspiracy' theory?

There's more in heaven and earth...

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com