semi-anon test from a throwaway account part deux

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Mar 28 16:19:05 PST 2001

You're one to talk.

Money order sales are recorded on video camera. Each money order has a
time stamp with vendor ID. I can't speak for youk, but it would take me as
a LEA about 5 minutes to take a money order, find the vendor, and get
subpeona on the video surveillance. At that point I have your face. From
there I run it through the FBI files, if you've ever had a state issued
photo ID it'll take about 3 days to nail you.

A check has your name and address.

The only way to pay in cash is two either send it through the mail (you do
know about the cash sniffing dogs used at the UPS and airports don't you?)
or stop by in person. Which means that they'll have a receipt and at least
on person who has seen your face. Now I suppose you could send the letter
with no return address and no internal note, but then how are they going
to know it was YOU paying the bill for that particular account? They're
not.

Don't know about Pay Pal but I bet you it has similar holes in its
'anonymity'.

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Trei, Peter wrote:

> Jim: You really don't like to let facts to get in the way of your
> brilliance, do you?
>
> Check: https://www.anonymizer.com/signup/sign_up.shtml. To quote:
>
> ----------------------------
> Step 2: Please select a method of payment
> Method of payment:
>
> [ ]  Visa or Mastercard
> [ ]  PayPal, Cash, Check, or Money Order
>
> Should you wish to pay for Anonymizer Window Washer by Cash/Check/
> Money Order, you will only be admitted to the download site following our
> receipt of your payment.
>
> Applicant assumes responsibility for lost cash payments sent via postal
> mail.

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com