semi-anon test from a throwaway account part deux

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 28 17:09:21 PST 2001

Jim wrote:

> Money order sales are recorded on video
> camera...

All?  Everywhere?  I doubt it, but that's what good theatrical makeup is
for.

> ...Each money order has a time stamp with
> vendor ID. I can't speak for youk, but it
> would take me as a LEA about 5 minutes to
> take a money order, find the vendor, and
> get subpeona on the video surveillance.
> At that point I have your face. From there
> I run it through the FBI files, if you've
> ever had a state issued photo ID it'll take
> about 3 days to nail you.

I like science fiction as well as the next Cypherpunk, but I doubt things
have gotten anywhere near as far as the subject, Choate, seems to believe.
It's all economics, Jim.  Citation, please.

Also, when I was a teenager, many moons ago, the "homeless" did an admirable
job as alcohol purchasing agents.  They could a similar market niche as
physical anonymizers.

 S a n d y

If the law of gravity is fundamental, why can’t it be changed
by Constitutional amendment since it’s the primary authority?

                           W         W
   The Road Kill Group     |*|     |*|
                           M         M