semi-anon test from a throwaway account part deux

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 08:19:40 PST 2001

--- Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com> wrote:
> It's been 30 years since I read The Time Machine,
> but didn't the Eloi only have 1 L in their name?

Yeah, I know. Got pissed off after finding out that *ALL* fictious and
real names are taken.

> If you care, find an anonymizer to read your webmail through.

There is no anonymizer/webmail combination that works, AFAIK. The barrier
are the cookies. They're not stoopid.

> On the other hand, if your IP address is a
> NAT box on a DSL line connected to Pac Bell Internet,
> at a chain of coffeeshops staffed by non-technical baristas,
>          "I don't know how the router thing works.  Want donuts?"

I see the future ... 2002: new law requires taking photo ID when using
public 'net terminals. Something to do with children, genitals and
terrorists. Better yet, the whole session will be videotaped.