NIST Symmetric Key Block Cipher Algorithms workshop

George at Orwellian.Org George at Orwellian.Org
Tue Mar 27 11:52:21 PST 2001

Declan wrote but didn't get paid for:
#  Wired may or not may not be using DoubleClick for ads.
#  Not my concern; I presume you can always use lynx if you want.

Your site isn't wired.com. Here's a reminder:

#    From: George at orwellian.org
#    To: cypherpunks at cyberpass.net
#    Date: Wed, 07 Feb 01 16:32PM EST
#    Subject: John Ashcroft's huge erect penis
#
#    Hey, Declan... I just love waiting for doubleclick.net when
#    pulling up Politech pages. Word. Paid. Declan.
#
#    From ghoulies and ghosties, longleggety beasties,
#    and things that click slow in the night.

Your Politech was delayed from delivering pages
because it was stuck waiting for doubleclick.net.

Not the coolest thing.

Declan wrote but didn't get paid for:
#    In this case, I forwarded a URL as I received it. The Akami URL
#    did not include an ad, and it probably loads faster than the
#    frequently- overloaded GPO site. So what the hell are you
#    complaining about?

Technically you're right. It was just slightly unnerving
to think you might have descended further down the road
of selling out to the click recording factories. The URL
was on their system. But you're right, no ad or WWW bugs.