Screwing Jim Bell Royally

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 24 15:50:32 PST 2001

The feds, after refusing for months to allow Jim Bell's host of
motions to be filed, are now allowing them in a rush, well short
of the required minimum of a month to allow trial preparation.
The motions are available on the Court's web site, in TIF format,
and we'll have them up in HTML/TXT this weekend.

The motions show that since mid-December Jim has repeatedly
asked for adequate legal representation and been repeatedly
refused. In fact, almost all his motions have been denied by
Judge Jack.

In particular, the feds aim to prevent Jim or anybody putting
discovery materials on the Internet, a goal that must be countered
by all means and methods if the stuff can be liberated.

Even so, Jim's motions offer vivid descriptions of what has been
happening to Jim, not only since his arrest, but well before,
even before his first trial, as well as events within prison and
after release.

If true, and the current federal abuse helps make his story
plausible, the feds have been long pursuing Jim and his
cohorts, using a variety of illegal methods -- for surveillance,
investigation, searches, arrests, evidence tampering, abuse
of the federal rules of procedure, treatment of prisoners,
denial of legal rights, and more.

I've been asked by Jim's current PD to appear as a witness
on his behalf and welcome the opportunity to do so if I can
get assurance that Jim will get legal representation much
superior to what he has gotten so far. How that will mesh with
the feds subponea of me as their witness remains to be seen.

The feds are being super shitty in this case, moreso than
in Bell 1 and with CJ. I think that is because they have been
up to greater evil than ever and intend to enhance that
method to intimidate dissidents and those interested in
such cases.

It's clear that Jim Bell is a pretext for this campaign of aggression
against dissidence, a poster boy for what is to come in the way
of federal law-massaging injustice.

Jeff Gordon wrote me to say that to get my grand jury testimony
I will need to make a motion to the magistrate in charge of the
grand jury -- just in time to leave no time to make that motion and
get a response before the trial. Why Robb didn't tell me that in
January is now clear: the sonofabitch didn't want me to know I
was being stalled by his unresponsiveness and that now surely
his selective misuse of my GJ testimony.

Should be an educational experience at the trial to learn what
the feds got cooked up to dangle Jim as bait for other fishes.

What's up with Declan's fighting his subpoena? Is the press
rallying to one of their own? ACLU on the case? 60 Minutes
still around? Or is the Oregonian gonna spin the terrorism
all alone -- well, except for the federal government, christ with
all those jihadists coming into the country, providing Libyan
money to the locals as if IRA fighting the Royals.