PGP flaw found by Czech firm allows dig sig to be forged

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at ai.mit.edu
Wed Mar 21 20:01:56 PST 2001

What the flaw says is that if I get write access to your private key
I can cause you to reveal it.

Like interesting but not exactly gripping stuff. If I can write to your
private key you are probably !@@$(&**ed.

The report is incorrect in stating that PGP is the most popular email
security package, there are 100 million copies of S/MIME enabled
email applications in use.

	Phill