CRYPTO AG, anyone?

Bo Elkjaer boo at datashopper.dk
Wed Mar 21 01:57:16 PST 2001

Hi List

I'm looking for additional information concerning the swiss company Crypto
AG. I have found already the available articles online, Madsens 'Trojan
Whore'-article, JYA, etc, but if possible, I'd like to see, if any
listmembers can help me with further infos.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

1: Copies of memos and documents mentioned in articles by Baltimore Sun,
Der spiegel, CAQ.

2: Has anyone had a chance to look at their Ipsec-products? Cell-phones?

I hope theres some listmember, who might be able to help.

Yours
Bo Elkjaer, Denmark

Oh: Update on the SIGINT-situation in Denmark:
A US citizen was recently observed in the danish SIGINT site
Skibsbylejren. The danish minister of defense has acknowledged this and
confirms, that the american works for a US company, that was hired to
install equipment at the site. He and his company also works for the US
Department of Commerce.

The danish government have acknowledged to have had meetings with
representatives from US Gov, including representatives fom NSA regarding
encryption-technologies and policies in Denmark. Minutes from the meetings
are classified.

The danish government won't acknowledge that these meetings still take
place, but they won't deny it either. Remarkably, our minister of science
started out to deny in a written letter to parliament, that these meetings
still take place. This written statement with the denial was withheld
after pressure from the danish minister of justice, Frank Jensen.

The danish parliament will have a new debate on SIGINT and encryption next
month.

--

EOT