John Doe vs. John Doe: Virginia Court's Decision in Online 'John Doe' Case Hailed by Free-Speech Advocates

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Tue Mar 20 19:46:18 PST 2001

At 21:07 -0600  on  3/20/01, Jim Choate wrote:
>EXACTLY my point, thank you for recognising it so openly. Now go read the
>Constitution about law, and courts. Who in this country is the ONLY two
>groups that can make law? One is the states through constitutional
>amendments. There's one other and it ain't a court.

AND State legislatures AND state courts.  Civil law is not a federal
function.  Notice that in the case that started this whole discussion
a state court refused standing.
--

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly