Did you notice

Jim Dixon jdd at vbc.net
Mon Mar 19 08:09:16 PST 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Ken Brown wrote:

> Reese wrote:
>
> > England serves as a fine example here;
>
> I'm sure it does, but of what?
>
> I think the murder rate in Britain is about 1/6 of what it is in the
> USA. (I mean rate, not actual numbers, this is not a 28% paternity
> error). And the proportion of people killed accidentally is far lower
> here as well.  We are perhaps a fine example of finding ways to live
> longer?

If anyone cares, the interpersonal violence rate is considerably
higher in the UK.  Recent statisics on crime in industrialised
countries (and therefore excluding South Africa) showed Australia
leading the world and the UK second.   America trailed far behind.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015