[OT] kuro5hin.org || 12 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide AfterChristian Taunts.

madmullah madmullah at crosswinds.net
Sun Mar 18 07:29:16 PST 2001

Sampo Syreeni wrote:

> Perhaps. On the other hand, it is clear that people attach connotations to
> expression based on their experience of where that expression is used. Think
> of Carmina Burana after it was used in the Omen,

	Actually, as far as I know, the Carmina Burana wasn't really used in
the Omen to my knowledge, though the main composition in the film, "Ave
Satani" sounded an awful lot like parts of the Carmina Burana :-)

> leitmotif to satanistic themes. Similarly a Goth attire and a suitable
> amount of group aggression will likely be as efficient on a child with a
> Christian fundamental worldview as a direct threat.

	Hence the efficacy of Marliyn Manson's posturing in scaring the
bejeebers out of conservative Christian authorities.