content owners vs. ISPs

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Mar 17 06:53:54 PST 2001

900MHz packet (<$100/site) coupled with Plan 9 is the base you want to
start from using current tech. It will require updating firewall software
so that it also handles bandwidth throttling and fail-over routing.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Ray Dillinger wrote:

> In the long run, I don't think the machinery of freedom is going
> to work very well until most of the nodes on the internet have
> at least three or four different routes to the internet.

> Unfortunately, extra phone lines and nailed-up connections
> cost money, and at that point they'd just start going for the
> phone companies instead of the ISP's anyway.  The benefit is
> that  common carrier anti-censorship laws might be a little
> stronger with phone lines.

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com